A little #foodfriday to jump start the new year!
The holidays don’t have to be filled with unhealthy options! This #FoodFriday recipe comes from our own Sylvia Darby. Crockpot Coconut Curry Chicken… say that five times fast.
This can be served as a soup or it can be spooned over rice for a heartier dish!
– 1.5 lb chicken breasts
– 1 yellow pepper
– 1 red pepper
– 2 med onions
– 4 full-size carrots
– 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk
– 24-32 oz of chicken broth (depending on how “soupy” or “thick” you want it
– 1 jar of green curry paste (about 6 oz)-found in the international/ethnic aisle of the store
– salt /pepper
– 1 tube of lemongrass paste (found in produce next to fresh herbs)
red pepper flakes
1. Dice the chicken, peppers, onions, and carrots into bite-size pieces (really not specific just how you like it…but not too small!
2. Dump all of #1 in the crockpot
3. Stir cans of coconut milk and pour into crockpot
4. Pour chicken broth in
5. Add the jar of curry (I add entire jar- we like this meal with a kick, but you can cut back)
6. Add a couple dashes of red pepper flakes (this can be omitted but we like it!)
7. Add about 2 good squeezes of lemongrass paste (probably 2 tablespoons)
8. Couple good generous pinches each of salt and pepper
2017 12 29